Monday, July 2, 2007

TRINOMA is nothing special

It was DD who's been wanting to spend one of our Sunday get togethers there. Since we figured that all the dust might have cleared by now, we went ahead for DD's sake, to satisfy his curiosity.
I hate to say this but I was right. There is nothing spectacular about this place. The structure itself may be quite impressive from the outside. It's HUGE, to say the least. If you want to attract tons of people this is really what anyone should do --- build a gigantic shopping mall. Look at SM's Mall of Asia.
But the inside of Trinoma is nothing to go gaga over. First of all, the shops they have here are the same as anywhere else (well, about 80% of it). Secondly, if your aim is to go on a leisurely stroll or go shopping, do you honestly want to do it in a place as packed as this? I personally wouldn't. I noticed too, that the ceilings are a bit low. It made me feel a bit claustrophobic. I didn't even have the courage to bring out my digicam to take photos inside the mall. There were just too many people around.

I wonder if Ayala Malls Management realizes that a gazillion stores under one roof doesn't necessarily mean bigger returns. I personally don't see size as an advantage. I'd rather go around the likes of Shangri-la Mall, Power Plant and Podium. I think the stores here get better exposure because shoppers actually get the chance to stop and look.

But let me give credit where credit is due. The architecture and landscaping are of course very Ayala. I can atleast acknowledge the fact that they did a good job in this department.
The question is ... would I go back to Trinoma? Maybe...but not of my own volition (same goes for MOA). Shang Mall and Power Plant are the ones I always want to go back to.


View from the upper deck

We were seated right beside this portion while having coffee in Starbucks


The wooden bridge connecting the Starbucks area to Timezone. I was concerned about the lack of security, even if the water was shallow. Anyone can accidentally fall in.

One of the best branches I've seen in terms of layout. But it was just too crowded when we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment