Saturday, July 21, 2007

My newest discovery

I recently heard about NAILS AT HOME, a home-service salon that's been around for the past 2 years. I was surprised they've been in business that long and never knew of them before. Anyway, yesterday was really so TOXIC for me and up to very early this morning I was still running around like a headless chicken. So when I got home at lunchtime, I felt like every ounce of blood had been drained and my body was just screaming for some good old pampering. I remember saving their number in my cellphone so I called hoping that I could still set an appointment. Luckily, they had a vacant slot at 5pm. Goody! I had time to take a nap so that's exactly what I did.

At 10 past 5, Angie of NAILS AT HOME rang the doorbell and I ushered her in. She had this huge plastic box with wheels and a long handle that contained all her paraphernalia. The TV room on my 2nd floor is the quietest room in the house. We also had the windows insulated to make the room really dark and cozy (Angie had a desklamp with her so I didn't have to turn on the main lights --- what a girl scout!). Our ever reliable La-Z-Boy sits in that room so it was the perfect place for me to get that much-needed pampering.

I asked for a manicure, pedicure and footspa and boy, did I LOVE it! She asked me beforehand if I wanted nail polish and I said yes. They have Essie, Opi, Revlon, Sally Hansen among others so I told her which shade and brand to bring. I opted for a very deep red shade from Opi this time. Angie is good! I don't have any knicks or those small wounds you normally get from technicians you're not familiar with. Application is really clean as well.

You won't believe how much I shelled out for all of that AND in the comforts of my very own home. Just 550 bucks (exclusive of tip) for all three services. In the salon I've been frequenting, I pay the same amount but I have to drive to get there, of course. This was my first time to have all of these done at home but I can see this is one habit I'm going to have a hard time kicking.

Check out this link to read more about NAILS at HOME

P.S.
They serve the San Juan, Mandaluyong areas and (parts of) Quezon City.

No comments:

Post a Comment