Wednesday, July 4, 2007

UAAP Season 70 --- we're back with a vengeance!

Basketball is the only sport I appreciate. I can watch it as intently as I watch the latest episode of Oprah and Grey's Anatomy.

So when DLSU was suspended in last year's UAAP, I was really disappointed. No games to look forward to, not even on TV. That was the only time I was clueless about what was going on.

I haven't missed a season since I was in college. Wearing our green shirts, armed with matching green Coleman jugs and white towels, my group would cut classes just to go to Araneta to watch live. We didn't have any problem getting tickets because my groupmate's brother was a varsity player for a few years.

It's funny that I ended up with Neal many many years later. He graduated from DLSU and is a basketball freak who also doesn't miss a game. Together with other diehard Archers, we cheer our hearts out every single season. I was pregnant with Sabine during Season 68 and I still watched each and every DLSU game and screamed as always, unmindful of my condition. Too bad Neal didn't want me to go to Araneta for the final match with FEU because he was afraid that things might go out of hand.

THREE MORE DAYS til the new season begins. I can feel Neal's excitement and he can clearly see mine. I've been nagging him to make sure our seats have been secured for Saturday. I've made arrangements to leave the kids and yaya at my SIL's house since we can bring them with us. The only thing that I haven't done is to take out all my green shirts, those that have been sleeping inside my closet for the past 12 months and buy my regular UAAP supply of Strepsils ha ha ha!

I'm so glad DLSU's back in the league. I don't want to think about all the stupid things that caused the team's suspension. What matters is WE ARE BACK and ready to play some damn serious basketball!

TY, Rico, Cholo, Simon, PJ B., James, Brian, my favorite JV and the rest of the guys --- do us all proud! DERECHO LASALLE!


ARE YOU READY FOR US?

No comments:

Post a Comment