Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beautiful Words


I rarely share photos and links from other Facebook pages, but I had to make an exception while perusing my newsfeed this morning. I've been following this account that's called "Eat and Cheat Cancer Book Project", because a co-Pink Warrior is part of it and I'm interested to know what's going to be in the book. This morning, whoever is managing this account shared this :

LEAP OF FAITH
by Blanca, Volunteer and Contributing Writer

Answered prayers are not magic, they're miracles and love. And since they're love, the answer is not always a yes. Sometimes its difficult to understand why certain things happen or why things did not go as planned. Yes we know that they do happen for a reason but many times, the reason is simply lost to us.

Our faith dictates us though to trust that everything will make sense in the future. To believe with all our heart that God will reveal His great design for us in His own perfect time. It moves us to wait patiently without questioning His purpose nor demand for an answer.

His loving grace will aid us as we come to terms with our current situation. We are never alone in our painful journey, He's just right there beside us. Sometimes, we are just blinded by fear and numbed by pain that we fail to see and feel His presence.

When we want to do little else but pull pur hair out or throw our hands up in the in frustration, there's always heaven to look up to and God to call on. When we want nothing but to run up to the hills screaming in despair, there's that peak at the top where we can take that big leap of faith. God is just right there waiting to catch us with open arms.

Whoever Blanca is, I'm hoping she doesn't mind that I'm using her words as basis for this entry. They're very touching, make so much sense to me as I've never had anything so intense test my faith in God before. Never. So I know that this girl, whoever she is, must have gone through something life-changing herself. 

I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones. While I didn't understand at first why my Dad passed away the way he did  (he wasn't sick, there were none of those usual premonitions, we were totally shocked), God was so quick to show me and my family why it had to happen. I couldn't believe it. I thought I would have to wait a while, trust Him more, before He revealed the truth to us. But He truly is merciful, He saw my struggle to understand amidst having to deal with my breast cancer diagnosis while in the thick of mourning my Dad's death. Being made to understand why certain unfortunate incidents happen to you is relieving, comforting. I don't think I can be comforted enough while I continue to feel the huge void my Dad's death has left behind. But I at least know why it's there. I'll get to that comfort zone one day. Hopefully it won't take very long. 

And no, this won't be a sad weekend. In fact, I'm going to be busy attending celebrations! 

Happy Weekend, everyone! God bless us all! 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

.

No comments:

Post a Comment