Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Our First Time in Solenad (Nuvali)



We had lots of time to kill after leaving Casa San Pablo last Holy Tuesday. So after that super satisfying lunch at Sulyap Gallery Cafe, we decided to head on to Sta. Rosa, a place we've never explored as a family. 

I read about Solenad in Nuvali before we left Manila and wanted to see what this place was all about. 

Did I also have all those outlet stores in mind when I included Sta. Rosa in our itinerary? You be the judge hee hee!

What to do in Solenad 1 (Nuvali)? 


Feed the (2 million) Koi fish. I'm kidding about the 2 million count. I don't know how many there are but there seemed to be toooooo many. Can you pot the one with its mouth wide open on the right side of the photo. I thought it was weird of me, but it gave me goosebumps staring at all of them while they were being fed. It's like they wanted to speak directly to me ... "Me! Me! I want food!".


Anissa, who normally doesn't like doing the things her little sister does (for obvious reasons), was intrigued. Sabine spent all of P200 on fish food. One bag costs only P15! 


Just look at them ... open mouths and all. Eeeeewwwww! Hahaha!!!



What else can you do? 

Go on a boat ride for P30/head if you're a party of 6 or more. If less than 6 (like we were), you can pay P180 to have to boat exclusively to yourselves. We look so prepared in this photo ... for a less than 10 minute boat ride around the area hahaha. Good Lord, even Sabine was disappointed that the ride was so short! Oh well, at least we tried it. Funny lang kasi it was all over even before we could start to enjoy it. Next time we know better. I'd rather spend the P180 on ... 


Not that this order of Black Gulaman and Sago costs P180. I'm sure you know what I mean. I absolutely enjoyed this at Conti's, where we oldies hung out while Sabine and Anissa were outside, because it was just TOO HOT that day. I needed air-conditioning because I was going nuts in the heat. 

This was the day's lifesaver, promise! Argh, this post is making me crave for it. 

And yes, after we left Nuvali, we made a quick stop at Paseo Sta Rosa to check out the outlet stores. We spent the most time at the Nike store because Anissa was looking for stuff she could use in summer dance training. We went home with a couple of really good finds! She was happy and so was Mommy's wallet hee hee hee.

Would we go back? We didn't have time to explore Solenad 2, which is where all the shops are. Solenad 1 houses all the dining places plus the boat ride and fish feeding activities. So yes, I think this place is worth another drive soon. But maybe on a weekday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment