Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Senti Mommy



Feeling just a little sentimental on this quiet Saturday morning, while N is busy downstairs (with his toolbox, most likely) and Sabine is sleeping soundly beside me on the bed. This is 'cause Anissa is on her way to the airport with her best friend's family, her best friend and another very good friend. Their flight for Bacolod leaves at 10:45, more than an hour from now. 

She just turned 17, but this isn't the first time she's off on her own to spend a few days at her BFF's home in the South. She's not allowed to go this far elsewhere without us though. This is an exception I've made twice so far because I know she's always in good hands when she's with these people. Otherwise, I would really have 2nd or 3rd thoughts. 

I was really serious about my Facebook status yesterday : 

Anissa will be off to Bacolod with her friends tomorrow and I have an afternoon date with my clingy, "I-always-want-to-be-with-you-Mommy" Sabine. Two ends of the spectrum in my face. TGIF!

One would rather be with friends, the other would have herself glued to my b*tt if that were possible. I'm thankful though, that I have 2 kids and that they're 10 years apart. I'd be so lonely if they were both in their teens and busy with their own lives in their own worlds. It would just be so sad hahaha. 

Oh noes ... I wonder what it would be like for me on their wedding day. Erase erase muna! 

As I type, I see a tweet from Anissa saying that they're already on their way to the airport (from her bff's house). I'm going to have to let go of the laptop soon and pray for a safe flight for all of them. While Sabine continues to quietly snore next to me. 

It's going to be a worrisome 5 days while Anissa's vacationing in beautiful Bacolod. But that's all part of the deal ... parenthood (or motherhood to be specific), I mean. You let go and then you worry. You worry all the time because that's how much you love them. You wish you could keep them close forever, but you can't. It just doesn't work that way. My friends with children older than Anissa always tell me ... it never ends. You worry forever because you're a mother.

God help me hihihi (super mega nervous laughter)!

P.S. These senti moments seem to be coming more frequently these days. AGE!

Let's all have fun and be merry this weekend, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment