Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Used To Love Summer


But now, all it does is make me go ballistic because of the horrible and sometimes unbearable heat. 


Is it just me or does it get hotter each year? I don't remember the temperature being as high as 38 degrees last year. Our household is not the type that uses our air-conditioners all the time, anytime. The kids know they have to ask us if they want to turn an aircon on in any part of the house. Unless it's night time, because it's a given that we all sleep with the aircon on. But because it's been soooooooo hot and humid lately, the aircons at home have been ten times busier than usual. Our pockets are definitely feeling the effects, but we really don't have much choice. I've challenged myself with only the electric fan on more than once, but I always ended up throwing the towel because well ... sobrang init lang talaga these days. Parang once a week, you'll hear on the news that "today was the hottest day of the year so far ...".

Summers were not this intense when I was younger (light years ago??). In fact, I was a sun worshipper. I can't imagine being the same today. Laying in the sun to get a tan for 30 minutes sounds like torture now. I used to be able to do it all the time, even when everyone else was in the water or busy doing some other thing. I'd lay out my beach towel, put on suntan lotion, wear my sunglasses and then detach myself from the rest of the world for the next hour or so. I was an expert at getting a tan. Now? No way. You can't drag me out even if you pay me to do it. In fact, I've only been in a swimsuit once this summer and I don't feel the need to take a trip to the beach at all. I'd rather go to a place with a bed, where the air-conditioning is on 24/7 and there's room service. HAHAHA. 

My kids are too busy to complain about the heat. They only do it when they're at home. Otherwise, they're okay. I just make sure they hydrate hydrate hydrate!

But wait ... I'm not sure if I want the rainy season to kick in already. Scary too, given extreme weather situations everywhere, not just here. I just really want a break from this heat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment