Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 7 : Our Lady of Manaoag


Since Monday, I can't say how many times I've been overwhelmed with God's presence. I prayed for comfort and strength and He sent them to me almost immediately. Many have been praying with and for me and I believe they were sent in reply to my request. The barrage of concerned messages on Facebook, Twitter and via texts have been so overwhelming, I've cried very happy tears over them. God is truly with me on this journey! 

Another affirmation was sent to me last night. One of my Mom's good friends texted her at around 9pm, informing her that Our Lady of Manaoag is on a pilgrimage and is currently at the Santuario de San Jose in Greenhills. That's about a 20-minute drive from where I live! Also, she told my Mom to tell me to hurry because Our Lady will only be there until 12 noon today. How wonderful to receive the news that I don't have to go all the way to Pangasinan just to see HER! Let me just clarify that I'm not really a devotee, but this piece of news was so timely, since I've been knocking on and storming the gates of heaven with prayers these past few days. I made a promise to wake up early today so I could see HER and I did!



I haven't seen Our Lady of Manaoag in years. I truly regret that I only saw HER again today and because I have an urgent favor to ask of HER. But I am certain she can forgive me for it. I was in awe and I'm so relieved and happy that I was able to see HER. 

The prayer to Our Lady of Manaoag:

Virgin Mother of God, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, thou who hast chosen to raise thy throne of mercy in Manaoag, to be the beloved protectress and Patron of the Province of Pangasinan, and therefrom to bestow thy graces on us, thy children, banished in this valley of tears, look down with thine eyes of mercy upon me, who am beset with so many dangers of body and soul. Despise not my petition, O Mother, but intercede for me before thy divine Son now and at the hour of my death. Amen. 

Virgin of Manaoag, pray for us. 

My day was just made complete by this visit. Thank you, Blessed Mother, for your comforting presence and for allowing me to see YOU today. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why but whenever I see the Lady of Manaoag, I cry... For me, her presence is so overwhelming and that feeling tells me that I am really here, really alive and should make the most out of this journey.

    I know we're not close and we barely speak online and functions but my heart goes out to you and you are now part of my prayers ever since I heard the news. He will provide and when He does it is in abundance. You are a strong woman and there is nothing you can fight.

    God bless always!

    Love,
    Shen

    ReplyDelete