Monday, August 6, 2012

My Monday Morning and Getting Inked


I reluctantly allowed my girls to go to school today, because as usual, the Mayor of Pasig didn't speak up about suspending classes in his area. Just like the last time. As of this writing, he still chooses to be quiet. Why??? Is it so hard to say something? Anything? But I think Manila has an even bigger problem. That city is more flood-prone than Pasig but the Mayor there hasn't said anything either.

So in the meantime, I keep waiting for a text from the school or to see a tweet from any of the local news agencies announcing a suspension. The driver will need to drop everything he's doing to pick up the kids if this happens.

While the other half of my brain is busy doing that, the rest of it is thinking of something to help distract me. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo since last month. The thought never ever crossed my mind before. I didn't think it was necessary at all. Never mind if friends around me have gone at least once to get theirs done. But now I'm convinced that I want one. Nothing elaborate or big. In fact, I'm not going to get one so that people can see and admire it. I want it to be a reminder, more than anything.

If I've talked about my Dad too much in the past couple of months, it's 'cause I've been missing him badly. The tattoo will be a constant reminder. Not that I'll ever forget I had a Dad. I just want something that's always there for me to see.

I've looked and looked online for the kind of tattoo I want and that's the only thing I'm undecided about. I do know where I want it though - somewhere on my hand, where I can see it all time.

Like this?



Or here?



But right now, this is my first choice for the spot



Does anyone have any tips or information to share? I would really appreciate hearing from you.

As for what the tattoo will be ... I'm only sure I want my Dad's initials. I don't know how I want them executed. I'm thinking of asking my eldest to do the design for me, being the artist in the family. 

I'm excited to have it done. Once I have the design, I'll make sure to share it here.

I hope you all have a safe day despite the awful weather!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm excited for your ink... Check out my post: http://eaturbanana.blogspot.com/2011/11/getting-inked-wisely.html

    Hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your insights :)

    ReplyDelete