Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 2: The Waiting Game


Hoping to find a cab at rush hour
Wanting to find out if you won a contest
Itching to get your hands on the latest gadget but only when your paycheck arrives

Waiting, in general, sucks!
(thought bubble : should I really stop using the word "sucks"? it's not really age appropriate LOL)

Yesterday, I spent a total of 5 1/2 hours waiting for the breast surgeon to call my name. N and I arrived at a little past 3pm, had myself listed and waited for the doctor to get there. She did a few minutes later, but I was 10th in line. 10 didn't sound so bad. Except it was my first time to see her and I didn't know she spent so much time with each patient. On the one hand, I thought it was a good sign. I had so many questions in mind and I didn't want to talk to someone who is not going to be patient enough to deal with a first-timer.

When it was clear that I had to wait a while for my turn, N and I decided we would go some place to eat but didn't want to go too far just in case. The Pancake House on the ground floor of the building was our best bet. I wasn't hungry at first but I smelled food as soon as we walked in. That changed everything.

It was a no brainer. Everytime I'm in Pancake House, I just have to have these two old reliables. They'll never fail you, that's why. I have been ordering these for as long as I can remember. They take me back to my childhood --- yes, that's how long these two have been around haha!



I see them as comfort food and I needed some comforting yesterday. Waiting to see the doctor is always a stressful time for anyone. So yeah that's it, I stress ate. But even after this, I waited some more and finally got to see her at past 7pm!

Thankfully though, I left her clinic feeling slightly relieved and tons hopeful. She gave me a respite from all the worrying I've been doing since the other day. It's not over yet. In fact, I'm just getting started. But the glimmer of hope she gave me is truly something to be thankful for.

I'm off to the same place again this morning, this time for an all-important ultrasound.

Praying some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment