Friday, August 10, 2012

Sunshine After the Rain


So how's everyone doing? The past couple of days were just horrible. But I woke up this morning with renewed hope because ... the sun was out! The phrase, "Hello, Mr. Sun" actually trended on Twitter. That's how happy everyone was to see "him" again. For the first time in weeks, I actually sweat a little bit today. Not complaining though, it was a welcome feeling. I never thought I would actually be happy about being pawis!

Also for the first time since it began to rain like crazy, I was able to step out of the house for a bit. My teenager wanted to meet up with her best friend for lunch and a movie so I drove for her. In the car, we were talking about how much we missed seeing the sun. After I dropped her off, I thought of getting myself some milk tea (actually, I wanted to stay outdoors just a little bit longer). Unfortunately, everyone else seemed to be out, savoring the rain-free day. I couldn't find a vacant parking slot in the two milk teak places I went to. Not wanting to waste the trip, I then decided to pay a visit to the Goldilocks branch on Shaw Blvd. on my way home. I've been craving for something sweet, too. 


I was slightly carried away because as you all know, everything in Goldilocks is reasonably-priced. I ended up bringing home 2 packs of their Pinipig Polvoron (which I prefer over the classic one), the Mochanut Crunch Roll and Chocolate Roll (not in photo).

That last-minute decision really paid off. N and Sabine happily welcomed me back home when they saw that I had a Goldilocks plastic bag in hand hahaha!

Forgive me for sounding self-absorbed when there are so many out there who continue to suffer as a result of the torrential rains we had. Everytime something like this happens, I wish I had a wishing well that would cough up ridiculous amounts of money so I can go out there and help. As I write this, I'm thinking of all those people again because it's pouring hard outside. One thing's for sure : while I enjoy the comforts of my home and the fact that my immediate surroundings are flood-free, I won't forget to pray for everyone else who wasn't as fortunate.

It's going to take a lot more than cakes and polvoron to cheer them up.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment