Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 6 : Finally, a break

After spending the last 5 days focused on my medical issue, I got the break I've been waiting for today. I didn't have to go to the hospital or see doctors and nurses around. I didn't have to think of what's happened so far. I didn't have to do anything related to "the" issue.

Today was all about myself and doing stuff that I wanted to do!

I decided to skip watching the DLSU-NU game at the Araneta (my first absence since the UAAP season started this year) in favor of attending the 7th birthday party of the grandson of a very dear family friend and good friend of my Mom. The 3 of us, including Sabine, went to Jollibee along Ortigas Avenue in Greenhills to celebrate this extremely cute little boy's birthday with other friends.


My tooth-less little girl and I at the birthday party

Then, Mom had to go to her favorite salon in Makati so I grabbed the opportunity and drove for her. Sabine and I dropped her off and headed to Rockwell for the Urban Bazaar where some of my friends were. I didn't expect to see a couple more, though.

Two of my high school batchmates recently got together in business and they sell bath and body products. Pleasantly surprised to find them right by the bazaar's entrance. As expected, they didn't let me go until I bought something haha! Since I've been taking extra care of my hair lately, I chose their Skin Garden shampoo and conditioner in pomegranate and orange (smelled really good in the bottle). Since they had an introductory promo ongoing, I only spent Php 200.00 for these! That's Php 100 a bottle. Not a bad deal at all! Can't wait to give these a try.


The two other stops I made were at my other friends' stalls. Got the NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer and NYX Slide On Pencil from Sol and Paul of Digital Traincase and the MUA lipstick from Smile and Malou of Updated Trends.


I have so far tried the lipstick and it really is a nice shade of pink


The annoying pimple below my lower lip is still there so please don't mind it :)

This lipstick sells for just P150 a piece. Is that a bargain or what? I especially love how it smells --- like candy or lollipop! I wish all lipsticks smelled as good as this. It's also really creamy and glides on effortlessly. Love love love! I really want to get all the other shades. I bought two and gave the more muted pink one to Mom because she's not a fan of bright colors.

Thank you, O Lord, for a truly relaxing Saturday and for the company of good friends.
Today, I realized the true essence of retail therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment