Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 8 : Much-needed family time


Today was even more relaxing, I am so thankful!!!

We were invited by very close family friends to spend the day somewhere up North. The home we went to made me kind of want to leave the city. It was quiet, without being too far from everything (Ayala's Marquee Mall was a short drive from there). I was shy to take photos around the house because I didn't want to be intrusive. But this should give you a pretty good idea 



This is the part of the house which greets you when you walk through the gate. It's also where N and I fell asleep after a heavy and delicious lunch (oink! oink!). We couldn't help it. The place was so airy and the weather was just right. Besides, we woke up so early. Excuses excuses! Just look at how happy  Sabine was to see the bed in the lanai. Didn't waste much time, took of her shoes and jumped at the chance to relax as soon as we got there. Anissa, on the other hand, settled in the master's bedroom on the 2nd floor with our iPad and couldn't be disturbed until lunch was served.

I have so much to say about all the food our hostesses prepared for us. Did I mention that they're both Kapampangan? You know what they say about Kapampangan women, right? They're supposedly the best cooks in the Philippines.


Pako Salad, Halabos na Sugpo, Chicken Pork Adobo, Pork Sisig, Kare Kare, Fried Hito and a variety of "kakanin" (Filipino native desserts) to cap this super amazing meal. 

After that quick nap we had, we found ourselves walking back to the dining area because merienda was ready. Good Lord! So much food, I wasn't sure I was ready to eat again so soon!


The famous Susie's Pancit Palabok


Buco Lychee Sherbet

I don't remember the last time I ate so much and was so full, I couldn't get up from my seat!

Really thankful for this quiet and happy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment