Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Favorite shoe style #1 - Wedges


I've come to terms with the fact that I can no longer survive a whole day in stilettos. I still have a few pairs though, which I keep mostly for formal/evening events when I don't need to walk much. But you can't NOT have heels in your shoe cabinet. So to break the monotony, I've always gone for the ever-reliable wedges. Not everyone likes this particular shoe style, but I always have.

I'm in the mood to buy a new pair because I've been busy getting rid of some of my "unwanted" ones on eBay. Here are just some of the pairs I have my eye on.

Sam Edelman Wess
Also comes in black
$135.00

Steve Madden Wissper
I also saw black, red and navy but a neutral one is best for me
$49.99 from $90.00 on Piperlime
Sooooo tempting at this price!!!


Tinley Road Capri
Also in black
$29.99 from $55.00 on Piperlime
Even more tempting! But the heel height sort of intimidates me.

Sam Edelman Randall
$99.99 from $140.00 on Piperlime
This shoe is classic w/ a twist. The twist is in the espadrille wedge. Just a warning though ...
this style spells trouble. Why? Because the front part of the shoe is flat. It screams pain for the balls of the feet. If your heel is higher than 1.5 to 2 inches, the front of the shoe should be platform style, in order to cushion the balls of the feet and create comfort when worn.

That's it for now. I'm gonna have to keep looking because I really haven't found THE pair yet.
(the one that screams at me from the laptop screen and begs me to buy it LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment