Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Independence Day!



To my hair, that is!

I told my hair stylist a few months ago to let me know as soon as the salon has a promo because I need to have my hair rebonded soon. The first time I had it done was in 2009 and I was more than happy with the results.

I'm not proud to admit this but for my 2nd session, I chose to scrimp a bit and went to another salon which was recommended by a friend. In all fairness to this place and the guy who did the rebonding, it wasn't all that bad. But I wasn't wowed. In fact, about 5 months later, some natural waves started to come out. This despite the fact that I never tied my hair in a ponytail.

So it was back to Traffic Salon today, where it all started for me in 2009. To rewind a bit, the reason I was super satisfied the first time due to the following reasons :

  • My hair became a lot straighter BUT it didn't look stick straight
  • It was shiny and soft for a very long time
  • Except to those who know that I have naturally wavy hair, it wasn't really obvious that I had the rebonding done
So yesterday, when Lina (my stylist who spent years in Piandre before moving to Traffic Salon) told me that they have a month of July promo, I immediately set an appointment for this afternoon. I was in the salon by around 1:30pm.


Armed with a book and a large Hokkaido Milk Tea from Serenitea
I was all set!

They only use Schwarzkopf products, by the way. So this is exactly the rebonding medicine they applied on my hair. After rinsing the medicine, came the longest and most painful part of the procedure - straightening with a hair iron. This is also the most boring part of it all. They'll iron your hair inch by inch and if you have really thick tresses, good luck!


The pain factor is different for everybody. For me, it wasn't really painful. Just uncomfortable that my hair strands were being pulled in all directions to straighten them out. Your scalp can hurt a bit after this part is over but it's nothing anybody can't handle.

When all of the hair has been straightened, the neutralizer is then applied


The neutralizer cream is said to rebind the hair and stabilize it
It's kept on the hair for the next 15 minutes then rinsed
That's it!

Rebonding in salons usually include blow drying after but if you have nowhere to go, I would suggest asking them to air dry it the way you would at home, to appreciate the natural state of your newly-rebonded hair.

Happy happy!
If only my hair could speak!

Traffic Salon is located on Wilson St. San Juan
(right before you hit P. Guevarra Street, beside DEC)

I'm going back before the month ends so I can have my hair color retouched while
the promo is still in effect!




No comments:

Post a Comment