Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When the network media player gives up



For the past how many years, we've been comfortably watching our favorite US TV shows on our flat screen in the bedroom. I've never had to use my laptop ever. Neal downloads everything on his desktop and moves them all into our media player. Yesterday though, what I thought was a slight glitch turned out to be a bigger problem. The player is no longer working. I was bummed, to say the least, because I can't be without "my shows". I watch them while the kids are in school and when everyone's fast asleep at night.

But you know what they say, when God closes a door, He opens a window. And He did.
I FINALLY learned how to download these shows myself and I'm now watching them on my Macbook. It's shallow but liberating LOL. I no longer have to ask Neal what's in the player or if he's downloaded the latest episode of this or that show. I'm no longer dependent on him for this. That is, until he replaces the player, which I think he wants to do immediately.

For now, I'm happy with this new-found "independence" and I successfully watched the latest Rizzoli and Isles and Switched at Birth episodes last night :)


Those highlighted in green are the ones I have lined up for this rainy day. I watch them all via VLC, which is really perfect for the Mac.

No school for the kids today, by the way.
Mine are still snuggled in bed.

Here's to a quiet Wednesday and I hope the storm doesn't cause much trouble for all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment