Friday, June 3, 2011

100 Random Facts About Me


1. I was born and raised in Sta. Ana, Manila

2. I'm the oldest of 2 children

3. My parents separated when I was 26 years old, 4 months before I got married

4. I graduated from St. Scholastica's College, Manila (High School) and Assumption College (Business Management)

5. The person who understands me most is my Mom

6. My worst quality : impatience

7. I was born with light brown (hazel?) eyes. I've never worn colored contact lenses.

8. I have a short temper (see number 6)

9. I am blessed with problem-free skin

10. I'm Filipino but I've only seen about 30% of my country

11. I only have one first degree cousin on my Dad's side

12. I love listening to music, except hardcore rock or heavy metal

13. I don't have a favorite band or singer

14. I had my first boyfriend when I was 13

15. I never went on a blind date (my choice)

16. I don't like fake accents

17. I like all things pretty

18. I don't know how to take care of pets

19. I attempted to run away from home once but backed out right before I stepped out the front door

20. I'm not so fond of chocolate cake

21. My favorite color is yellow

22. I've always had a problem with static

23. I have a shoe fetish which I inherited from my Mom and Grandma

24. My hands get all sweaty when I'm nervous

25. My first car ever was a Mitsubishi Galant

26. My dream car is a Land/Range Rover

27. I don't know why I'm always the last person in the household to fall asleep

28. Coffee doesn't wake me up

29. I have a very low tolerance for alcoholic drinks

30. I was a Girl Scout in Grades 3 and 4

31. I was in the Dance Club all throughout High School

32. I was a Cheerleader in Grades 6 and 7

33. I recorded a single as part of an album when I was 9 years old

34. I appeared regularly in a TV show when I was in high school

35. I don't like the kitchen and the kitchen doesn't like me

36. I'm a grammar Nazi

37. My favorite ice cream flavor is Strawberry

38. I can eat noodles and dimsum everyday and be happy about it

39. I can cut down on rice if I have to

40. I can't live without Coca Cola

41. Reese's Chocolates are my favorite

42. I was never overly fond of candy

43. I like reading Danielle Steele books

44. My favorite TV shows are the ones that have investigative, detective, espionage themes

45. I don't know how to iron clothes the right way

46. My favorite movie of all time is My Bestfriend's Wedding

47. I get withdrawal symptoms if I can't access the internet

48. I hate numbers

49. I was exempted from my English and Law final exams in college

50. I almost didn't march during my college graduation because I submitted my Thesis draft an hour late (never told my parents)

51. I've had the same best friends for the last 2 decades

52. I type very very fast and don't look at the keyboard when I do

53. I studied ballet for 8 years

54. My Mom was a ballet teacher at 16 years old

55. My brother and I looked and dressed like twins when we were kids

56. The one thing I always need to have with me is my Blackberry Torch

57. I'm obsessed with my hair because it's wavy and I hate it

58. I love going to the salon to be pampered

59. When I was a kid, I used to imagine being on a trip in a foreign country every night before I went to sleep

60. I have a great fear of earthquakes

61. I have a great fear of turbulence on the plane

62. I sang Sergio Mendes' "Put A Little Love Away" when I was 3 years old

63. My Dad plays the guitar and percussions really well

64. I love Serenitea's Hokkaido Milk Tea with loads of pearl sinkers in it

65. I can spend hours in bed watching my favorite TV series

66. I am proud to be a stay-at-home Mom after being a working Mom for more than 20 years

67. I sure as hell don't want to go through another anullment

68. My Dad is the most generous person I know

69. I don't have living grandparents

70. My paternal Grandmother used to own a store in Divisoria and a restaurant in Chinatown

71. My paternal Grandfather worked in Malacanang under different Presidents for many years

72. My maternal Grandfather was a lawyer and half-Chinese

73. My maternal Grandmother was a great dancer and the first cousin of the late Ninoy Aquino

74. My pet peeves include : people who try too hard (in whatever sense), people who constantly whine and complain, people who worship money, hypocrites, people who chew their food noisily, people who take their shoes off in public, people who know they don't speak English well but insist on doing so anyway.

75. I don't know how many pairs of shoes I have

76. I love buying lipstick and lip glosses

77. I'm lazy when it comes to caring for my skin (bad!)

78. Just last year, I learned what it means to (really) surrender burdens to God and allow Him to take charge

79. I've met many people who have done me wrong without provocation (and I've crossed them off my list)

80. I can't stand betrayal in any form (Scorpio here)

81. I'd rather be bad cop to my kids (they'll love and thank me for it later)

82. My parents have the strangest arrangement which works for all of us

83. I'm turning 43 this year and some people say it's not obvious (thank you!)

84. When I was younger, I told myself I would only marry someone if he can afford to take me to Europe every year

85. I always pray to win the lotto but silently hope I don't win too much

86. I have a loud voice

87. I'm glad I kicked the habit of eating rice for merienda

88. I used to hate my feet

89. I have really nice and neat penmanship

90. I kept a diary until right before I got married

91. I weighed 110 lbs on my wedding day and weigh 115 lbs today, 15 years later (not bad except for the slight bulges and non-existent waistline)

92. I had a terrible experience with the dentist who took out my wisdom teeth when I was 24 or 25

93. I had my appendix taken out when I was 12

94. I used to call my Dad "Hitler" behind his back

95. I don't hate anyone. There are just some people I am better off without.

96. I hate being a burden to others

97. I've only gotten one traffic ticket since I started driving in 1999

98. I love the smell of a baby's head

99. I sometimes wish I could have more kids (barring the age issue)

100. I love my life. Of course things could still be better but if they don't get better, I'm happy with the way they are.

1 comment: