Friday, June 24, 2011

Yes, you can look fasyon in rain gear


Do any of you have trouble dressing up when it's raining? It really is hard. You gotta choose the right stuff to wear. In my opinion, comfort and practicality need to be up there when deciding what to wear on rainy days. I recently went through my closet looking for stuff I need to get rid of (hello, Ebay!) and I discovered, to my surprise, that I don't have a single rain jacket. You know ... the kind that's made of waterproof fabric, with a hood? I only have sweater or knitted hoodies and trench/pea coats, which are too hot to wear sometimes. Rainy weather doesn't necessarily mean it's cool all the time here in the Philippines. I want a jacket that I don't have to take off when I'm indoors and it gets a little warmer. It's such a hassle to be handcarrying a sweater or jacket when you don't need it.

Growing up, these jackets were called parkas or windbreakers. Sometimes I still hear people referring to them this way.


Matinee Trench from J.Crew, USD 158.00
You can't see it but it comes with an oversized hood, too


Burberry Brit
Brockley Metallic Twill Canvas Raincoat
USD 795.00 (gulp)


Ralph Lauren Convertible Waterproof Jacket
USD 248.00
Convertible because the sleeves are detachable
(I like this whole ensemble)


Marc by Marc Jacobs Celeste Raincoat
USD 230.00

Marc by Marc Jacobs Yoyo Dot Rain Tote
USD 248.00
I'm definitely not an umbrella person but this is really cute!

But really ... I'm so easy to please, I'll be happy with one from Zara, Mango or even a local brand as long as the style suits my taste and makes me look like a million bucks!

I hope I find one before the rains stop

Does anyone have suggestions?




2 comments:

  1. Ikaw na nga ang fasyon! Very nice. I have not visited in a long time. Bdw, I'd like to invite you to visit and LIKE my blog page.

    http://facebook.com/lifeiskulayful

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for returning! :) Checking out your FB page now.

    ReplyDelete