Thursday, June 23, 2011

In search of the perfect white shirt


White and black have always been my "go to" colors for tops for so long.It was only a few years ago that began to add color to my wardrobe. Despite this, I still find myself grabbing something white whenever I'm in a rush or too lazy to think of what to wear. And why not, white is so easy because it goes with anything and everything. (But if you have a baby or a toddler like I do, it helps to always have a stain remover handy --- mine is Tide to Go).

I've got white shirts in all shapes and styles

Long-sleeved buttondowns
This one's from The Gap

Short sleeved buttondowns

Pique polos
The Lacoste ones are quite unforgiving though, because they cling to the skin
Haven't worn mine in a while

Ralph Lauren's skinny polos which are so classic, they've been around for ages and will never go out of style. That's not a fearless forecast, mind you. I know they won't!

Good old v-neck (or round neck) comfy shirts

I also have quite a few of them from Zara, Mango, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and local brands like Tyler and Religioso (for dressy events and work), Bayo, Kamiseta, Plains and Prints and even from ... the famous Greenhills tiangge!

What do I wear with them?

Bottoms :
Skinny Jeans - I prefer dark washed ones because it makes the white stand out
Shorts - can't live without these either
Denim mini skirts
Black trousers (work)
Khakis - for that classic Gap or J.Crew look ;)

Shoes (depending on weather or occasion) :
Ballerina Flats
Summer sandals
My Nike trainers
Havaianas
Classic pumps
Strappy stilettos or wedges

Accessories :

White always always looks best with pearls, IMO
And real jewelry whether in white or yellow gold, the ones I cherish from my parents

Sadly, I really haven't found THE perfect white shirt yet. It's not like I've been actively looking for it. I just haven't found one that deserves the honor. I thought I had gotten over them after buying colors like royal blue, aquamarine, orange, sunny yellow ... but just yesterday, I came across a seller's site in Facebook. She sells plain cotton v-neck tees in many colors and for just Php 250.00 a pop. I'm going to resist the urge to reveal the seller's identity while waiting for my shirts to arrive. I got two : neon green (didn't I say I like colors now?) and, make a guess.
WHITE.

Since I'm 90% casual nowadays, I haven't really bothered looking at dressy clothes. I just know they'll be stuck and useless and, therefore, a waste of money.

Stay tuned for my review on those new shirts.

Have a safe rainy Thursday! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment