Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The New-Found Addiction


So when did this addiction to lipstick start? The love for lip color is slowly but surely making its way up to the shoe level (my number one fetish). I won't be surprised if one day, it knocks shoes off the number one spot, being more affordable and physically easier to collect and keep.

My number one lipstick brand has always been MAC. I started using it as a newbie in the work field. Marrakesh was one of my favorite shades. I was a frontliner then and I had to wear some makeup every single day. In order to get away with not wearing eyeshadow, I would always choose a lipstick shade that would stand out and not make my bosses notice that I was hardly wearing anything else.

For years since then, it was always the MAC counter for me everytime I was in the mood for a new lippie. Needless to say, the habit was quite a pain to maintain but all worth it because, well ... MAC is MAC.

Lately though, I'm thankful that NYX came into the picture. It's definitely an economical way to feed this "bad" habit of wanting to buy lipstick all the time. Don't get me wrong, I've not totally abandoned MAC lippies. They'll always be on the list of wants. But NYX is pretty hard (okay, VERY hard) to resist.

I first discovered NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams via Sol of Digital Traincase. I would have to say, that these are perfect if you want a matte look without the hassle of applying a matte lipstick. It comes on creamy and all you have to do is wait for it to dry up. The matte effect is yours!


I'm wearing Sao Paolo in this photo


Then Amsterdam here

Most recently, I tried NYX's Round Lipstick in Hero


It's a definite keeper! The creamy finish makes it so easy to apply, I didn't even need a lipliner here. I was so sure I wanted to order more (only P160 a pop) but while I was busy deciding on my next purchase, guess what? Digital Traincase releases a new slew of shades!

Photo grabbed from Digital Traincase
Please click on the photo to see the entire palette

As if the existing palette was not enough, these new shades have literally rocked my world and I'm currently in a serious dilemma (drama drama drama) about which color to pick. My eyes first darted to the red ones (Chic and Pure) but I have to control that urge because I need to deviate from my usual. I'm absolutely getting Haute Melon so that's a check! As for what else, I'm getting, that remains to be seen.

Get your lipstick (and make up fix in general) from Digital Traincase fast!
Before everyone else beats you to it :)

2 comments:

  1. i waaant! how do you ever decide on what color to get?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get! How can you go wrong for P160 a piece right? The dilemma is always that. If you don't have time to go to her bazaar booths, trust your instincts ;)

    I would suggest any of the reds or the pinks since you're so maputi :)

    ReplyDelete