Friday, June 24, 2011

No school today

Photo credit : sujenman.wordpress.com

The non-stop rain yesterday resulted in major flooding all over the metro, leaving thousands of people stranded on the road for hours. Some people I know spent a minimum of 3 hours trying to navigate their way through traffic AND floodwaters just to get home. Others had to kill time either at the office or in restaurants. I'm so glad none of us got caught in this chaotic unforeseen scenario last night and we were all comfortable and safe at home.

Classes today have been suspended for elementary and high school students because the typhoon is expected to be here until tomorrow night or early Sunday morning.

While it feels good to have cool weather after a very hot summer, the rains are quite scary and remind me of Typhoon Ondoy last year. It's a good that the exact area where our house stands is not prone to any type of flooding. I've been here since 2006 and I've never had that problem *knock on wood*!

For the sake of those who have no choice but to go out and work today, I pray that there won't be a repeat of last night's events.

Have a super safe day to all!

Love always,




2 comments:

  1. I shared the same sentiments as yours. I hope that it does stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain is less fierce today :)

    ReplyDelete