Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Satchel Trend


Am I the only one who hasn't jumped on the Cambridge Satchel bandwagon? I actually checked on these bags at Madison Rockwell and Schu in Power Plant Mall so I could see them up close. Madison had a longer waiting time so I ended up leaving my contact info at Schu, for them to let me know when stocks arrive. I didn't place an order yet because at that point, I didn't know which color I wanted. All I knew is I wanted the 13" satchel.

It's been more than a couple of weeks since that day and I haven't received a call from them. It's just as well because I'm now a bit hesitant about getting one. Why? I find the buckled closures a bit too cumbersome. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it had magnets instead.

Just like this really large satchel I saw at Cotton On (Bugis Junction) in Singapore for only SGD 50.00 or roughly Php 1,700



They used super soft leather which makes the bag expandable and not heavy at all. The color is slightly weathered for that vintagey look. The buckels work but only as an aesthetic feature. This bag's been used over and over again (mostly by my teenager) but I love that it's so sturdy even when I've stuffed so much in it at times.

Here's what the leather looks like without flash


And I love the functionality of it
Here's a pocket right underneath the flap


I love the flexibility of the color, too. If I were to get another satchel, I'd probably go for another basic color like red. I'm waiting to be informed about the satchels I recently saw on Frances Sales' blog Topaz Horizon. Yes, they're locally-made and patterned after the famous Cambridge Satchels but I don't really mind.

Have you been bitten by the satchel bug yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment