Friday, June 24, 2011

Rockwell on a Friday (Part 3)


This 3rd entry in this series is all about a shoe discovery. Don't be too quick to judge now. It was Sabine who spotted NATIVE Shoes right outside Payless Shoe Source. I interviewed the very attentive sales person who told me that this is a Canadian brand.

The shoes are made of anti-microbial material, ventilated and are water-proof.


Sabine immediately went straight for this style
Jefferson Kids

They remind me of Superga sneakers


She first chose the red one. Didn't fit her well, she said. Then she tried on the hot pink one. Same story. She finally ended up with ... surprise surprise, BLACK! I didn't quite expect her to go for this color because she's such a girly girl. But I like black for a change because most of her shoes are in pink or purple. They'll look great when she's wearing jeans or shorts.

I like the Kraft peek-a-boo box


I tried one of this same style in my size and I think I'm gonna lose sleep over the fact that I didn't buy one for myself yet. I wanted to first research on what it's made of. Don't wanna end up with stinky feet haha! I forgot to take a photo while trying them on but this is what I had my eye on. If I decide to go back and buy a pair for myself, this is the color I want.


Heads up : these are handmade so you have to try them on before buying because the sizing is slightly erratic. Sabine tried on several pairs in the same size but the others were a bit snug, she said. She ended up with the black because it had a bit more allowance compared to the other size 8/9's she tried on. For the adult styles, a size up is recommended.

Kids' styles are at Php 1,500
Adult styles start at Php 2,500

Should I get them? They're so cute, I swear.
Check out their website to see the other styles and colors. Unfortunately, there are many yummy colors in their website that I didn't see in the store. I hope they eventually introduce them here.

And that wraps up the Rockwell Friday series. Did we spend our time productively?

Take a look

Sabine on her favorite ride, the Skater
That's my Mom who would seriously do anything for her, including go on a kiddie ride

She also tried one of these mechanical thingies under my watchful eye because I didn't want her to run over any of the other kids who were running around the place.

Then it was time to go home because we were afraid of getting caught in the rush hour in such bad weather. We were lucky to have gotten home in less than an hour.


How did you spend your very rainy Friday?



No comments:

Post a Comment