Friday, June 17, 2011

What's all the fuss about group buying sites?

Groupon, Ensogo, Metro Deal, Cashcash Pinoy, Deal Dozen, Deal Grocer ... and the list goes on and on. What really is the fuss? Why have people taken to these sites like crazy starstruck fans? The answer, I think, is quite simple. ECONOMICS. Everyone loves a good deal. If we can find ways to stretch our hard earned Pesos, why not take advantage of the opportunity? As a stay-at-home-Mom (who has chosen to take a break from project-based consulting work recently), I've had all the time in the world to do as I please. Most of my time is spent on the internet. If this is what you do on a daily basis, it's hard to miss the proliferation of offers that these sites cough up every single day. Most offers take 50% off the regular prices straightout. Who wouldn't jump?

I have to admit that I've jumped on a few of these offers myself. They're very hard to resist because of the savings you get to enjoy.

I've clicked on the following offers so far:

1 dozen cupcakes for P350 instead of P700 from Classic Confections (Groupon)
I got 2 vouchers, that's 2 dozen cupcakes for P700

30 pcs assorted bite-sized custaroons for P150 instead of P300 from Gigi's Custaroons (Groupon)

Hair Keratin Treatment for P249 instead of P1,000 from Benefit Style Salon (Ensogo)
I got 3 vouchers (one each for myself, my Mom and my big girl)

Hair rebonding treatment for P750 from Ani Marie Salon (bought from another seller)
I've never been to this place but a good friend used her voucher recently and recommended it

Nail Art for P150 instead of P300 from Body Butter Megamall
I got 2 vouchers for myself and my big girl

Obviously, I'm not terminally addicted to these group buying sites, not just yet. I, however, would love to get a travel deal next time around. The really good ones come from Deal Dozen. Their Bellarocca deals are always sold out before I can even scream YAY! Sidenote: visit Deal Dozen's site for their ongoing promo where you can win an overnight stay for 2 with breakfast at the Marriott Hotel in Newport. I joined!

Meantime, I'm on the lookout for my next voucher purchase. Nothing that interesting at the moment. Gimme a heads up if you see one!





No comments:

Post a Comment