Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I miss Taho!

Photo credit : Clickthecity.com

I wish I could have Taho every single morning, or for merienda whenever I feel like it. Unfortunately, we haven't had a vendor pass by in ages. We live in a guarded compound, so vendors are not allowed inside. There used to be a Taho vendor who was allowed to enter the premises every morning. That was years ago. I heard he's retired and has gone home to the province. Since then, I haven't seen one.

The ones you can order in restaurants don't taste the same. Also, there's no excitement in having it served to you the way restaurants do. I always ask the Taho vendor for extra "arnibal" (caramel syrup) and "sago" (tapioca pearls).

For a more sophisticated version, I would definitely go for the famous Gloria Maris Taho

Photo credit: Clickthecity.com

Lately, I've been buying from Power Plant Mall because they have an authentic Taho vendor on site. Yes, INSIDE the mall. But for more than what you would normally pay for on the street.

Should head to Power Plant soon to satisfy this craving!

2 comments:

  1. we always buy taho din from rockwell pag may bazaar, pero rip off kase 25 per baso! LOL!

    before we moved to a condo, in our old apartment, tatlong vendor ng taho nag uunahan sa amin kase minimum namin binibili 3 tall glasses haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, it's overpriced but better than nothing! :( Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete