Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The joy of sharing shoes

While it's a challenge to be Mom to an assertive and outspoken 16-year old (hello teenage hormones!), there are perks to having a child at this stage. One of the biggest advantages, in my opinion, is the fact that we can exchange fashion ideas, swap and share clothes and shoes, raid each other's closets and shoe cabinets! Although her feet are slightly bigger than mine, all I need to do is slip on some Dr. Scholl's insoles and I'm good to go in her shoes!

I've always wanted to buy a pair of Sperry Topsiders, particularly the colored ones. When the striped ones came out, I fell in love the minute I saw them in the display window! I definitely wanted the red ones! Recently, Anissa celebrated her 16th birthday. We had dinner with the family and went to the mall for dessert and coffee. My Dad who spoils my kids to death asked her to go around to choose a gift.

Guess what she chose? :))

Okay, I have a tiny confession to make. I encouraged her to get Topsiders. Why? Because she tried on my Sebagos recently and was disappointed that they were a bit snug. So I knew she wanted boat shoes, too. I didn't, however, force her to get the striped ones. They were her choice. My girl has good taste! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment