Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kid Talk : Clean Up Your Own Mess

My current challenge with Sabine is how to get her to pack away her toys and all her kalat after playing. She tends to leave everything lying around and I always end up doing the clean-up part for her (if Yaya's too busy). The other day, I noticed that she brought her Play Doh up to our room. I didn't mind because th air-conditioning was on and I didn't have the heart to ask her to play downstairs where she normally does.

Around half an hour later as expected, she got tired and was going to move on to the next toy. But before that, she probably realized what a mess she had made and knew what I would say if she just left it there.


Sabine: Mommy, I need to clean this up but can you help me?
Me: Nope.
Sabine: Why not?
Me: Who made the mess ba?
Sabine: Me!
Me: Okay, that's why I'm not helping you. You need to clean up after yourself.
Sabine: You're the only Mom I know who wants her baby to be kawawa. And diba you said, helping others is a good thing? Tapos you don't want to help me eh I'm just a baby! Even if this is not your kalat you should help me because I'm not as big as you and I'm going to be so "hirapan" to clean all of this up.

She never fails to crack me up, I tell you. This conversation would've gone on and on if I didn't just give in. But I did so with the condition that we would help each other and she wouldn't leave me without doing her share of the cleaning.

I wonder what child services would do with me if we were living in the States? Hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment