Monday, April 2, 2012

To perm or not to perm?


This is the question I've been asking myself these past few months. I've been rebonding my hair once a year since about 3 yrs ago and although I love having straight vs my naturally wavy hair, I've wondered what it's like to have curls. My last rebonding session was in July last year. I don't like getting it done more than once a year because I also color my hair regularly. Scared I might abuse it and feel so sorry for doing so in the end. It's been about 8 months since the rebonding, so you can just imagine what state my hair is in. There's that annoying regrowth at the roots and my waves at the back are now so obvious when I don't make an effort to blowdry or use my hair straightening iron. In short, I can only achieve the straight hair look now by going to the salon to get a blowout. But I'm being patient and I'm sticking to my original plan which is to not get a rebonding just yet. While waiting, I've also been trying to decide whether to get a digiperm for a change.

I don't own a curling iron because I never needed one. Then I recently had a bright idea haha! I've been asking the girls' Yaya to braid my hair (it's been hot too) and when one time, I took the braids out, I was pleasantly surprised with what I discovered. *insert shallow squeal here*

Anissa says they look too tight but I've discovered that I can make them look more like beach-y waves after brushing my hair a bit. Yesterday, I had it done again and I was so aliw with the effect I achieved. Have I finally decided to get that perm in July? Not just yet. I need to figure out if I want curls long term because I also like the way my hair is layered.

Until I finally come to a decision, I can rest my tired brain for a bit and go DIY for now.

P.S.
Loving this summer necklace made of wood (some wrapped in cute fabric) from Geraonline in Multiply. Would you believe it only cost me P149? It's a pretty accent piece for the summer!






2 comments:

  1. Wow, curly also looks good on you sis. Why not try it I'm sure it would be totally gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment, Mommy Bing. I'm really really considering it. I have about 4 months to decide :)

    ReplyDelete