Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our baby girl is 6 (1 of 2 parts)


Children grow right before your eyes. Mine do. Last time I checked, they were tiny babies who had to be carried and fed all the time. I don't know why time seems to slow down with everything else except the kids. Sabine is 6 years old today. Despite my failing memory (thanks to two epidurals and age), I remember the day I gave birth to her like it was yesterday. I was at my Ob-Gyne's clinic for a scheduled check-up. I got hungry while waiting for my turn because the queue was long as usual. So I walked to the   food stall, bought a huge bag of Chippy and a can of 7-up. Soon after, it was my turn to be checked. My Ob-Gyne laughed after the check-up and said, "Do you have your hospital bag with you? I don't think you're going home. You're already 4 centimeters dilated, don't you feel anything??" That was around 3 or maybe 4pm on a Monday and by 2am of Tuesday, I was holding Sabine in my arms after a normal delivery. It was a breeze compared to when I gave birth to Anissa via c-section. Sabine weighed over 6 lbs, just average for a Filipino baby, while Anissa came out at 8.5 lbs. They have been opposites since the beginning. While Anissa doesn't like being fussed over, Sabine loves attention. 


We surprised her with her birthday gifts at midnight and I captured her reaction on video for posterity

The yayas painstakingly made this and stuck it on our wall downstairs to surprise her. We are really blessed to have loving and loyal household help. 


Our family's constant source of joy and laughter is 6 years old today. Not quite a little lady but no longer a baby. 

Sigh. 

Happy Birthday, my little one. I am so thankful for you. 
Please don't grow up too quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment