Monday, April 9, 2012

There's always a first time



Anissa just texted that she and her friends landed safely in Bacolod. I can now jump back in bed to catch up on some sleep. This is her first time to travel on a plane w/0 any adult supervision. She recently turned 16 and even if some parents may disagree, I felt that it was an opportune time for her to be able have a taste of freedom. I'm confident that she'll be okay because her friend's Mom (the host) will be with them in Bacolod the whole time.

I really want her to enjoy her teenage years by allowing her to do stuff I was never able to do because my own parents were very strict. Needless to say, there are still rules which she needs to abide by and she knows that when a violation is committed, privileges will be taken away. She is, after all, still a minor.

Before we went to sleep last night, she showed me this


She is a hundred times more talented than Mommy and I am just so proud!

I am so excited that she's away from home and having fun with friends. But don't get me wrong ... I feel a slight pinch in my heart as I slowly learn the art of letting go. But the smile on her face as she walked away from me at the airport this morning, more than makes up for it. I just know she'll have an amazing time!




No comments:

Post a Comment